Monday, July 6, 2009

Fun on the 4th!

We had a fantastic 4th of July!  I love the 4th because it's a great opportunity to get together with friends and family.  It's also fun to dress my kids up in some cute red, white, and blue outfits.  We started our fun on the evening of the 3rd.  Riverton always has their parade on the evening before the 4th, and since Sam's bank always has a float in the parade, Sam has to participate most years.  This year, he took Halle with him on the float, and she had a great time throwing out the candy.  Since I didn't want to stand out in the heat with Chase, he and I went shopping.

On the morning of the 4th, my parents, Ryan, and Audrey joined us at Ice Age.  Compared to Pixar movies, this one ranks far below, but Halle and Audrey enjoyed it just the same.  We then met up with Sam's sister, Hilary, for lunch.

When we got home, Halle spent time playing with her friends, swimming, and getting dirty.

In the evening, we headed to my parent's house for a BBQ.  We had a great time playing games and eating good food.
This was Halle before we left.  She picked out her own accessories.

At the BBQ, Chase played with the drink bucket the entire time.  He's such a cutie!


After the BBQ, we all headed down the Stadium of Fire.  My parents got us all tickets because they know how much Halle likes the Jonas Bros.  It was so much fun!  I can't believe I haven't ever been there because it is an amazing show.  Glen Beck was great as the host, and the Jonas Bros. were so good!  I know I'm 28, but I am a fan.  Halle loved waving to them, and Chase was pretty good, considering the noise.
This is Halle and me waiting for the show to start.  I think she was a bit sick of the camera at this point of the day.

Chunka and Grams.

Here's the Jonas Bros.!  What a show!

4 comments:

Dede said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Everytime I think of 'red, white, and blue' I totally think of your style. Your kids are so dang cute!

Dawn Rae said...

Looks like you had fun. I was hoping to see your family in Salina :( We bought my 28 year old sister in law a Jonas Brothers shirt last year. Maybe you need one too :)

Kristen Brady said...

Looks like so much fun, and I love the kids' outfits!

Autumn said...

I can't believe how big Chase is getting! Halle is adorable as always! Miss seeing you in Salina on the 4th.