Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You Don't Know the Trouble I've Seen...

In the next issue of the dictionary, I'm pretty sure if you look up the word "trouble" there will be a picture of Chase next to it. I know, I know. Everyone says that their two-year-old is challenging, but according to Sam, Chase is in the top 5% of naughty two-year-olds. I don't know what research he conducted to come up with that statistic, but I'm pretty sure he's right.

But every now and again, Chase is completely adorable. His big, brown eyes have super powers. It's true. He can get pretty much anything he wants with those puppy-dogs.

Today was one of those days when Chase completely melted our hearts. He started toddler class today. His class is part of the early intervention program that he is a part of to improve his speech. He walked right into class (backpack included) and didn't bat an eye when we left.

His teacher said he had a fabulous day. Imagine that! I was nervous that he was going to get the ol' "heave ho" after day one. But, alas, Chase behaved. We couldn't be prouder.

Once he turns 3, he will enter a speech preschool. We are hopeful that these opportunities give him as much help as he needs to work on his speech delay. But, in the meantime, he is growing up, and having a great time. So, watch out, World. Here comes Trouble!

4 comments:

family said...

He IS adorable. Glad the first day went well!

Dede said...

I've heard kids are better for everyone apart from there parents. Which is good yet kind of annoying :)

Megan said...

Chase is such an adorable little man!! I hope he has so much fun in toddler school!

Bethany said...

How about CUTE trouble? He deserves both titles equally.