Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween: At a Glance

Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I decided I was way past due for a post about my little ghosts and goblins. Since we are in-between houses, I am finding it hard to be all festive about the different holidays. All of our decorations are stored about 8 boxes deep. But, alas, we tried to have a fun Halloween.  And, what'd ya know? We totally did!

We went on a witch hunt at Gardner Village in hopes of earning a cookie. A cookie! You mean I get to chase my three kids around, keep track of the witches we'd find and all we get is a cookie? And, on top of that, wait in a incredibly long line for said cookie! After an hour of witch searching, I bought my kids off by telling them I'd buy them each 2 cookies later if we could just go home. Sometimes, I totally rock this motherhood thing. 
\




Chase had his preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch. It was cold. Like really cold. I am usually so picky about the pumpkins that my kids pick out, but on this day, Chase got the pumpkin he chose. Lopsided, and all.


When Halloween finally arrived, I got to dress my little darlings up in their costumes. Lizzie dressed up as her hero, Minnie Mouse. We got the costume at Disneyland, and she has been wanting to wear it ever since. Check out the shoes! 

Chase, who has a small obsession with Jake and the Neverland Pirates, dressed up as pirate this year. I loved his costume. He did too!

Our beautiful Halle was a Super Girl for Halloween. She is always looking for an excuse to doll-up, so she loved putting on her dance glitter make-up for the occasion.



All-in-all, Halloween was a success! It wasn't filled with a lot of the usual traditions, but the kids had a blast. And, really, I can't really ask for too much more than that.


1 comment:

Tracy said...

I don't know what you're talking about, you totally rock at motherhood!! I think I've only taken my kids to Gardner Village once for said witch hunt for those very reasons you described :)