Monday, December 3, 2012

Getting Closer...



 I keep telling Sam that our life now is reminiscent of a Hallmark movie title. Our family could star in a show called "Homeless for the Holidays" or "The House Without a Christmas Tree." Luckily though, it looks like we might have a house for Christmas!

The house is all painted now. (I need an updated picture that doesn't have the paint mess all around. Will Do.) I love how bright it is.


We certainly have a white thing going on in this house. Not only is much of the outside white, I chose white cabinets to brighten the kitchen. I LOVE white cabinets! The countertops and wood floor have been added since this picture was taken.


I just found a picture that shows a little bit of the countertops...

The bathroom tile is done. The vanities are in place. We still need glass on the shower and fixtures.

So, with a little luck, and maybe a Christmas miracle, we will have a home for Christmas! Things can certainly still go wrong--something my pessimistic husband always reminds me, but I really, really hope that we are in by Christmas.

4 comments:

Dede said...

Make sure your closing stuff is ready to go. Lots of people get hung up with the slow underwriting :) Its looking great!

Tracy said...

that's the worst news I've heard all week!!! We'll miss you! It does however look really nice and deep down inside I guess I'm happy for you...

Dawn Rae said...

Look super nice Ashley, I hope you get in before Christmas. Having been there though, don't get your hopes up...good luck!

Shanell said...

How fun....it looks so nice!! I want to see updated pics!!!