Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Believe


I don't usually take the time to write my testimony down. I have a testimony, but with kids, and everyday life, putting it down on paper doesn't seem to happen. Thanks to Dawn, who did something similar on her blog, I am going to share my beliefs on my blog. Someday, if I ever remember to turn this blog into a book, I will be grateful that I did this.

All week I have been thinking about the Atonement. On Sunday, we were talking in Young Women's about the suffering that Christ did for each of us. For ME. For YOU. At some point during Chist's time in Gethsemane, He was thinking about me. I find that so amazing and overwhelming in this world of so many people. It's easy to feel lost in a sea of others, but we have someone in Christ who knows exactly what we feel, and can relate like no one else can.

Nearly two weeks ago, Sam's amazing grandmother, Pauline Pace, suddenly passed away. She lived 92 great years. Although a sad time, it was great to know of eternal families. It is wonderful to know that we will be able to be together forever if we choose to do the right things here on Earth.

Being a member of the church is the greatest blessing. I am so thankful that I have the knowledge of our Savior. Thanks to my faith in Christ, I am able to endure trials. I hope to live my life in such a way that pleases Him.



4 comments:

Adam and Dev said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Dede said...

Beautiful words

Heather H said...

I need to do more posts like this. What a great thing to leave for your kids to see and put out there for the rest of the world. Thanks for sharing Ashley!

Dawn Rae said...

Love this, just so you know though...after I posted mine they called me to give a talk...just fyi!